Scott Snyder Leaving Batman with April's Issue #51!
(Courtesy of: www.newsarama.com)
Batman writer Scott Snyder has announced that he will be leaving the title with April's #51. The writer revealed it in an interview with ComicVine discussing what readers can expect with March's Batman #50.
"Just that Greg [Capullo] and I have had a blast together on this run. It’s our second to last issue together. 51 is my last issue as well on Batman," Snyder said. "For me, 50 is the quiet issue and 51 is really just a letter to the fans from us and a letter to Batman. It’s the lightest I’ve ever written. Not lightest as in happy but light as in not as many panels per page. It’s really really open. It’s a chance for Greg to draw the close before we take our break. 50 we wanted to be the opposite. We wanted it to be the most explosive, jam-packed sort of blockbuster crazed issue we’ve ever done. I hope it delivers in that regard."
Snyder posted on Twitter that he's currently writing Batman #51.
Capullo is leaving Batman to work on an as-yet-untitled creator-owned project with Mark Millar, but has confirmed that both he and Snyder have said they'll be working on an undisclosed DC project afterwards.
Fictional Frontiers is the nation's only weekly radio program dedicated to a serious discussion of and about popular culture. Broadcasting each Thursday from 2:00 to 2:30 PM EST as part of Beasley Broadcast Group's 610/860-AM family (wwdbam.com/), Fictional Frontiers taps into its reservoir of experts, contributors, and insiders...bringing you the best from film, television, comic books, literature, and other entertainment mediums.
Miss a broadcast? Visit our archived shows at our sister podcast site:
February 10, 2016
Star Wars: Episode VIII Begins Filming!!!
(Courtesy of: www.comingsoon.net)
You’ll never see the ending of Star Wars, and there’s no better way to be reminded of the dominance of the franchise than a Walt Disney Company quarterly earnings call. Speaking about the profitability of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and its merchandise, CEO Bob Iger revealed that not only has production begun on Star Wars: Episode VIII, but also that work on Star Wars: Episode IX is underway too.
“Filming of Star Wars: Episode VIII, the next chapter of the legendary saga, has just commenced and it will be in theaters December 2017. And production of Episode IX, a 2019 release, has also begun.”
Actor John Boyega took to Twitter to reveal how he marked the beginning of filming for the movie. Iger went on to speak about the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, saying filming is almost finished, a bit of a surprise since production began back in September.
“Filming of Rogue One is virtually completed and we absolutely love what we’ve seen so far.” He went on to confirm that the planned Han Solo movie, written by Lawrence Kasdan & Jon Kasdan and to be directed by Phil Lord & Chris Miller, is still set to debut in May 2018. This may surprise some given Star Wars: Episode VIII‘s recent move to December, which appears to be the home for Star Wars for the foreseeable future.
Rogue One is set to star Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything), Diego Luna (Milk, Killing Them Softly), Ben Mendelsohn (“Bloodline,” Mississippi Grind), Donnie Yen (Ip Man, Blade II), Jiang Wen (Let the Bullets Fly, Devils on the Doorstep), Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland), Mads Mikkelsen (“Hannibal,” Casino Royale), Alan Tudyk (“Firefly”), who plays a performance-capture character in the film, and Riz Ahmed (Nightcrawler, Four Lions). Directed by Gareth Edwards, the film will be released on December 16, 2016.
Star Wars: Episode VIII will star Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, and even more newcomers to the series. The Rian Johnson-directed film will be released on December 15, 2017.
|DC Announces Hanna-Barbera Classic Comics!
|Rampage Film to Start Shooting This Summer?
|11 February 2016 - 02:00|