Washington Township, NJ (February 08, 2011) – Fictional Frontiers with Sohaib...a frontier is defined as “an outer limit in a field of endeavor, especially one in which the opportunities for development have not been exploited”. For centuries, storytellers have served as both entertainers and illuminators…utilizing the communicative means of the day to reach the hearts and minds of their respective communities. Today, these mediums are varied and ever-changing…giving true artists the opportunity to allow what is “within” to be shared with all.
Film, television, comic books, animation, novels, and video games…storytelling presentation and distribution are so varied that these “fictional frontiers” are now synonymous with popular culture. Mainstream audiences worldwide want to learn more about these efforts and more about the creative talent behind them. Hence, the initial reason for launching Fictional Frontiers.
Launched June 8, 2008 on WNJC 1360AM Radio - Philadelphia, Fictional Frontiers is a half-hour journey through the comic, novel, film, and television universes. In the spirit of The Charlie Rose Show, segments with guests are conversations rather than interviews. Unlike typical “Q&A’s”, segments focus on the minutiae of artists’ efforts…eliciting food for thought for all involved. Guests on Fictional Frontiers welcome the opportunity for challenging discussion. Why? Mature reflection is a rare but welcome change from the norm of modern discourse.
Bi-weekly contributors include:
1. Chris Ryall, Editor-in-Chief and Chief Creative Officer of IDW Publishing – Appearing bi-monthly on his segment, Ryalltime, Chris will offer his take on the latest in the American comic book industry.
2. Tara Bennett, Co-author of DK Publishing’s Official LOST Encyclopedia and East Coast Editor of SFX Magazine – Appearing bi-monthly, Tara’s vast experience will provide listeners with an insider’s perspective of popular culture.
3. Ashley Eckstein, Actress behind Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and founder of Her Universe (www.heruniverse.com) – Ashley’s monthly segment will give voice to fandom’s ever-increasing female audience.
4. Random House/Del Rey/Spectra Press – Fantasy and science fiction’s publishing leader, listeners will enjoy bi-monthly chats with their stable of authors.
5. James Berardinelli, Founder of ReelViews (www.reelviews.net) – One of the nation’s most-respected film critics, James’ monthly segments will highlight the best and worst in film.
In addition to the above-contributors, Fictional Frontiers continues to bring audiences a potpourri of talent and interviews. However, what ultimately separates Fictional Frontiers from other programs or podcasts is our pool made up of respected genre experts. Known for their pedigree and insight, these insiders separate fact from fiction…tapping into their years of experience versus unfounded speculation, hype, and rumors.
Fictional Frontiers (now on from 2:00 to 2:30 PM EST each and every Thursday on WWDB 860-AM Philadelphia) is the voice of the Philadelphia region’s fans of popular culture.
Note: Sohaib I. Awan is the founder and managing partner of the Law Offices of Sohaib I. Awan. In 1993, he received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Richmond with a degree in Political Science. He received his Juris Doctorate from Rutgers-Camden in 1996. In addition, he received Management Certification from the Wharton School of Business (University of Pennsylvania) in 2001.
Mr. Awan is an active member in good standing of the District of Columbia Bar. He is duly qualified and admitted as an attorney and counselor of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
He also completed mediation and conflict resolution training at the Community Mediation Center of Harrisonburg, Virginia.
Mr. Awan is, for lack of a better phrase, a true film and fiction buff.
PR Office: Fictional Frontiers
26 Thornleigh Place
Willingboro, NJ 08046
Attn: Sohaib Awan
Host/Owner/Manager: Sohaib Awan
Producers: Brennan Dye, Bethanie Hyatt
West Coast Correspondent: Heather Seimon
Photographer: Mike Christine
For additional information, please contact Sohaib Awan directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|16 March 2017 - 02:00|